View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 05:42 AM   #18
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
From what I have seen, a $75k 5th wheel is a lot nicer than a $75k MH. I have a 2016 3791RD with a lot of nice amenities. I love the floor plan with the raised bedroom and raised living room. I get a feeling of room separation and hominess. I don't get that with a MH. To me, all the floor plans are one flat continuous room. (maybe a door for the bedroom) I will admit that there are some great conveniences with a MH while traveling down the road...FOR THE PASSENGERS ! The driver is still driving whether it be a MH or 5th wheel.
The drive train of a MH has only one purpose, propel the MH. The drive train of your TV is multi purpose, haul wood for a deck, tow a utility trailer full of lawn care equipment, bring that new fridge home, move your kid out of the house, etc. If the drive train on the MH has a problem, I have to get my "home" to a garage and possibly find a hotel. If the drive train on my TV has a problem, I only have to get the TV to a garage. I still have my "home" to go back to.
I suppose some day if I can no longer handle hitching and unhitching my 5th wheel, maybe I'll consider a MH. Of course, by that time, I probably have no business driving a "big rig" down any road.
P.S. vipermanden...your definition of "only" is WAAAAY different than mine.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote