View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #9
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TAKPAK

Had an opportunity to talk with the factory rep at the Portland RV show this month. I mentioned to him about the change in the Montana line, and how people were reacting (negatively). He said it was a matter of competition. He didn't mince any words. After years of being "on top" he said more and more manufacturers were copying Montana, and undercutting the line with cheaper products. He said it was a matter of staying competitive to do what they did. I guess it makes some sense.....you are on top for so long that others start to chip away at you and undercut prices. He said the Cougar's "High Country" became the old Mountaineer, the "Montana" became what was the Mountaineer, and the Legacy is now the "upper" Montana line, IF I understood him right.

Not sure I understand how changing branding solves their market challenge. Hope they understand

And so it goes.........!
Not sure I understand how changing branding relates to market share and profit. They are losing the repeat Montana buyers, and the reputation that used to come with the Montana name.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote