View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 04:30 AM   #25
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
First off I am not sure where the OP lives but just wanted to say that their handle is also the name of one of my favorite pubs in Langley, BC.

It is obvious the OP has read some, if not many comments on this forum regarding problems with some members Montana's, that would be the case on any forum on any brand so I think they are aware there are problems with any RV you might purchase today.

This part of the OP suggests artfuldodger does not want to hear about problems...

Quote:
quote: Please, if you have a recent unit and are totally satisfied, tell us about it. All new units, regardless of make and model, are going to have kinks to be worked out, but we don't want to be considering lawyers and lemon laws in 6-12 months' time.
I will respect that request because my unit is a 2012 and not a recent build. However I must say that this forum has provided invaluable information to me and all those who read the posts with respect to problems, how that problem was resolved either by the dealer or factory or simply dealing with the problem themselves. This begs the question, should those who have had problems "not" report their experiences as some in this thread seem to imply.

I don't know what the MOC membership numbers are, what I do know is of that fairly large group there are relatively few who post at all and although they may have been/are members they are certainly not active and do not participate in debate in any way. Regardless of the amount of members the MOC claims, they are still a very small sampling of the overall Montana owners.

My experience with Keystone was far less than satisfactory, I was fed the line "we have never seen that problem before". Each and every time I tried to contact them it was the same. Even when my factory warranty was still in effect I was told to contact the manufacturer of the item. My friends that is not "customer service" that is passing the buck.

Let us not forget "NO" dealer can/will repair an item that should be repaired under warranty without authorization from Keystone, in many cases the problem for them is in getting Keystone to authorize the repair and often not the fault of the dealer at all.

Keystone is as good as and in some ways perhaps better than any other manufacturer producing units in a comparable price range. Personally I would not buy another Montana, number one, after all the things I have fixed myself this one will have to last me till my traveling days are over, number two, my experience with their customer service and after sales support of those who have made them successful is very much lacking. All of my comments are mine, are based on what my experiences have been, and certainly do not reflect or suggest they are in the majority.

I think you have pretty much decided your next RV will be a Montana, I sincerely hope you will be satisfied with the product and the after sales support from both your dealer and Keystone. Happy trails.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote