View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 02:21 AM   #21
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I have only purchased two Montanas, one used and one new. Some of the issues with the new one were due to poor workmanship by Keystone (clothes rod completely pulled out of ceiling and staples raising up on roof). Other issues have to do with vendors that Keystone buys from (Norcold frig not working properly, furnace malfunctioning).

With over 9,000 members on this forum, which is a small percent of actual Montana owners, and the number of issues reported here? That leads me to believe that Keystone Montana is probably one of the most reliable, best "bang for the buck" fivers out there.

The only thing I would do different if I was purchasing a new Montana would be I would buy it from a local dealer that I knew would be good at providing service. As full timers we purchased from a large Florida dealer due to a really good price. They may have had a cheaper price but their large service department turned out to be HORRIBLE! Keystone doesn't have any control over dealers, so they are not much help either. So in our case, after a long frustrating year of watching our factory warranty expire and not getting things fixed that should have been, now we are thankful that we have a good extended warranty to finally get some of our issues properly addressed.

IMHO, in summary, an extremely well built product (by average RV standards) by a company that provides very poor customer service and does not readily honor their warranty.