View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #9
The Impulse
Established Member

M.O.C. #19518
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMorris View Post
If I can offer some advice, I also have a 3820FK and you may want to rethink your storage with regards to weight distribution.

We traditionally store all the weight in the "basement" directly behind the king pin. BUT . . . with a front kitchen you already have your stove and refrigerator sitting in the bed of your truck. We moved a lot of the storage weight to the rear storage, (under the king bed), in order to control pin weight of the entire unit.

Just something to consider.
Thanks you everyone for the awesome ideas. I think it's gonna all come together with each trip we take.
PeteMorris, we completely agree about storing more in the rear. We thought we were doing good by getting a camper that weighed less than our last one, but never realized the Hitch weight would be heavier due to the front kitchen.... ugh.
We really need a new truck to haul but sadly, last Fall the transmission went out and it had to be completely rebuilt. Too much money invested in it now. Scares the crap out of me to Haul now. Planning our first trip in a couple weeks.... it's gonna be stressful.... lol

2017 3820FK
First time Montana Owner
The Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote