View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #15
Pugtracker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12009
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by brenkco

Ditto from what Carl said. This is our 1st time to the Q. We have no experience boon docking. With a bunch of help from the experienced members here and a little modification, we have been very comfortable and had everything perform as we needed.

We have a modified sine, 1500w inverter, and started out with 2- 6 volt batteries. I run the extension cord from the inverter to power my whole rig. My goal was to run my cpap on 110v, be able to make a pot of coffee in the morning and run the heater. After the first few nights, the batteries were pretty much dead in the morning. With the help of the experts here at the Q, they measured my use, tested my batteries, etc. We made a few modifications, first we added 2 more 6 volt batteries. I borrowed a few led's (until I can get an order into Michael Taylor). I made sure everything was unplugged including the TV and microwave. That did the trick. I am waking up with 12.4 volts. After I make my coffee and run the heater and use 3 led fixtures for light, I checked my voltage again (after sitting for a few minutes), I am back to 12.4 volts.

It has been a great experience, learning how to modify our behavior just a bit, all guided by a great group of MOC members.

Ken
Ken are you using a solar panel

David
Pugtracker is offline   Reply With Quote