View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Not sure where Dicks coax enters his trailer but there should be a short 6 inch piece of coax inside the wall where your cable comes in and then goes right back out on another coax stub that goes to the bedroom where your booster is in the closet. When you use cable the theory is to send it back to the bedroom connection because that's where your antenna is and then it runs back up to the lvgroom tv, So when you have a satellite box you have to remove the shorty cable and figure out which end is the one coming in from your outside connection and get a 3 ft section to run to your box and then out of the box on another cable right back to the outlet where the other stub is that the 6 inch piece was connected. It sounds confusing but if you look and sit down and draw it out on paper it helps....ok maybe... I hope. If your satellite box is a dual receiver you ll have to go thru its menu to see what channel you need to put the bedroom tv on for reception..... I won't say how long it took me to figure that one out lol lol .............and your connections on the wall plate and the one outside should be good,,,the bad ones are the ones on the ends of the coax cables...I replaced all the loose coax cables I could and then just got the coax connectors from Walmart and put new ends on the others.....If you give the connectors a good tug I am willing to bet half of them will come off in your hand....it will really frustrate you...
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote