View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 06:28 AM   #1
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Grey black water heater

Came home from a camping trip that when we left to come home everything was frozen in the campground. I had water in the holding tanks and was hoping when I got home I could dump at my pad that I built for the camper.

The trip home the outside temp was below freezing so when I arrived we unloaded the camper and put it in the back yard with full holding tanks. I haven't been able to dump because of the weather and frozen outside water pipes so I can flush the black water tank, so I turned on the heater for the holding tanks. The heater has been on for two days now and I am wondering if there is anything I should know about this system and how long can it be on.

We had a bad experience with the heated floor in the bathroom where the floor was burned because of a malfunction of the thermostat on that system. I don't know when I will be able to dump the tanks so I am concerned about something going wrong with that system and melting something.

I have heat in the camper to protect the interior plumbing and the belly plumbing. The furnace blows heat into the underbelly to protect those pipes so I am not too concerned about those. It was fifteen degrees here last night and it hasn't been above freezing for a couple of days. Anything else I need to do, or any advice from anyone on my situation?
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote