View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 04:09 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
let’s go downtown!

It’s 72 degrees out, Sunny, low humidity, so why not???
Beautiful, friendly San Antonio Texas has to be one of the top friendly, safe cities in the nation.
We love going downtown here, yesterday we went shopping for some new T-Shirts. A tourist town has no shortage of T-shirt shops, but I wanted a really nice one, so we dropped in at the Hard Rock Café. You want T-shirts, they have T-shirts! We picked out one for me, Sue passed on the selection. We wandered down the street when I saw Coyote Ugly, the bar they made a movie about. Actually, we heard it before we saw it, pretty loud music. I hoped it would be quieter well inside the entry…it wasn’t. It was dangerously loud. We backed out, I told Sue I wanted to keep what little hearing I had left. No T-Shirt form there….
We walked around a corner onto Houston street, quieter, pleasant music greeted us, we had stumbled on a street fair!
As we got closer, we smelled all the various food cooking, the Mesquite smoked shrimp and Kabobs, cooking corn, the funnel cakes, yum yum….
The funnel cakes were cooked in Peanut oil, and they had a big scoop of Strawberries on it, just looked irresistible…..we resisted. I did succumb to the smoked sausage on a tortilla shell, super tasty. We visited the beer vendor as well.
There were so many vendors with jewelry, pottery, art, we bought a kitty coat from one vendor, our Rowdy is always cold, we have yet to introduce him to his new Texas Longhorn coat.
A new band started playing, it was a family. Mom and Dad, a pretty 15 year old girl was playing the guitar and singing, her 21 year old brother also on the guitar. We sat and listened to them for the 45 minutes or so they played, we will see them become famous if there is any justice in the world.
Here are a few pictures, enjoy the fair!

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...ntown/?start=0

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote