View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
High temp and high pressure on one tire

We put new upgraded wheel bearings in our 5th wheel before this current trip, and today we hit some good sized pot holes. On pay toll roads of course! Anyway, I started noticing 10 psi more pressure on front right tire and 20 degree higher temps with our TST 507 tire monitors. When we got to the campground, I got busy and forgot to check, but one hour later, I used my laser heat measuring gun I have, and the right front rim measuring right near the hub was 40 degrees warmer than all the rest. I jacked up each tire on the right side, and the back tire spun freely with no noise. The front right spun freely, but it sounds like the brakes shoes are dragging a little? We have been getting that check trailer brake wiring warning on our RAM 3500, but it goes away. It only comes on every now and then especially after going over big bumps in the road? I guess I will just do the next leg of our trip, and see if it happens again? Unless one of you has a quick fix for this? I checked the big plug and the trucks socket and in the junction box, and I don't see any sign of any wires arcing?