View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 08:32 AM   #24
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
First a truck with DEF fluid is not healthy for a 20 mile commute. Then I hear about this. What happened to the days where a diesel would run on anything. I'm still running a 7.3 on whatever I put into the tank. Used oil to recycled fryer oil. It all works. Is Def that different? It gets injected into the fuel supply anyway, granted maybe further down the supply chain.

In the words of Hillery. "What difference at this point does it make"
It is made to burn in one way or another.

I remember my dad and grand dad would run a gasser on kerosene because it was cheap but, YOu had to start it on gas down the carb throat.

There are to many issues and problems with current regulations and tollerances in manufacturing.

Once upon a time there were 4 hoses under the hood. 2 for the radiator and 2 for the heater core, Unless you had the luxury of Air Conditioning..
Granted the mileage wasn't great and the longevity wasn't there but a 4 barrel was a sure upgrade to a 2 barrel and the cam change and overbore was the cats meow.