View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 02:03 AM   #13
kench
Established Member

M.O.C. #18135
Hi all We have a Thetford model 42072 in our 2016 Montana 3790RD Legacy. Problem with the seal holding water from day one. Thetford sent no charge replacement gasket kits twice. still a problem. Dealer said to let the pedal "snap" shut and held water ok. But Thetford said not to let it snap as it will damage the pedal mechanism. They are sending me a new lower base for the unit. Let you know how that works out.. Maybe less aggravating to go to a dometic as others have. Also having major problem with the Norcold (Thetford) refrigerator. model 2118 4 door 18 cu foot. Left door had to be replaced as it was dragging on the bottom lip. Then right door had to be adjusted The the jamb piece on the left door which runs from top to bottom would go into place on its own had to pull it to 90 degrees by hand. Finally got fridge temp to go below 46 degree to about 35-40 which was not too bad but the lower shelf is about 10 degrees higher than the top shelf. Dealer says that ok but I know its not he says he wont call Norcold as they probably wont do anything anyway. God if I provided service like that when I would have been embarassed and flogged. Thats a Canadian term meaning beaten with a large whip....
He also said the mattress manufacturer probably wouldnt do anything about the very hard spot in the full length of the mattress. Guess we should realize that you dont get much for $80,000.00 these days
kench is offline   Reply With Quote