Thread: A crazy story
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
A crazy story

I have an after market pin box that did not really do the job of stopping herk and jurk. It is no longer in production so the name is not worthy of mention. While at the Spring Rally I decided to get a Morryde pin box. When we got home called Keystone and gave them the vin number and asked what was the Lippert part number of what came with the unit. Was told 1621. So I call Morryde and they give me the part # for the replacment. Ordered from Twitty's at better price. Unit arrived. Not the right width. Found that Morride had put the wrong pin box in the right labeled box. Called Twitty. No big deal as they say Morryde has done this more than once. They send me a prepaid return label. Today I get the replacement and yes the part # on the box and the box part # on the pin box match. Start to install and NOT THE RIGHT WIDTH.

Start all over. Call Keystone and this time get a different pin box #. 1716. Call Twitty. Boy were the nice. I felt bad that this was not their fault and do not need to pay more frieght charges. Tomorrow I become a long haul trucker and drive the 500 miles round trip to their outlet and get the right one. I will measure everything before I head home.

I'm retired and do not need to weed the garden for a few days.

Ohh, the joy of being an owner of an RV. Boy am I going to have a sore butt.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote