View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 04:56 AM   #1
Montana_1235
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1235
SEWAGE WATER COMING OUT FROM THE UNDERBELLY!

When flushing the black tank on our last trip I experienced water coming from the underbelly. What happened was I had opened the black tank valve and turned the flush on. I left it running for about half an hour then checked the monitor and saw that it was registering 2/3 full. I thought because I had the flush going it was giving me an incorrect reading. I went out and checked the sight glass and the water was still cloudy but slowly flowing so I closed the valve to let the water accumulate to pick up anything that might have settled on the sides. Not more than two minutes passed and I heard a splashing sound coming from under the camper. Water was coming out from under the coach on the drivers side. I immediately opened the black tank and shut off the flush water valve. I finished flushing the black tank but stayed right there opening and closing the valve to make sure I didn’t overfill the tank again.

I know you’re not suppose to run the flush with the valve closed but I’ve been doing that for the last 4 years and have never had a problem.

A friend of mine that is an RV Mechanic said that I could have a separation in the vent pipe or possibly where the toilet connects to the tank and that the dealer should have done a pressure test before allowing it to leave the lot. If the system is sealed properly the water should back up into the toilet.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

Bill

Montana_1235 is offline   Reply With Quote