Thread: Texas bound!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #25
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We left Ft. Stockton about 11am and arrived in Kerrville just about 4pm. We had a real adventure driving the last leg of our journey to Texas. About even with Bakersfield, Texas a cloud burst just about brought traffic to a stop. Fortunately it only lasted about 5 minutes then let up enough to keep driving. Thought we had seen the last of the rain when just north of Ozona the Mother of all rain storms came down right on the freeway. I finally got off the road because I simply could not see 10 feet beyond the front of the truck. Water was coming down as hard and fast as I've ever seen. Again it only lasted about 5 minutes. As soon as I pulled off the road the rain, of course, pretty much stopped!

The major thing is we made it and all is well.

To top things off Carl and Susan plus several others saved us and a whole bunch of other MOCers by having a fantastic dinner waiting for us! Thank you to all who, once again, show that MOC is a "family" not just another forum.

Tomorrow Steve and Vicki are showing us around the Kerrville area. We'll take picutes if we see Willie and the boys picking and a grinning!

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote