View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
mallardjusted
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2334
New 3255RL - Puget Sound area

My wife and I just purchased a Montana 3255RL a couple months back, and I just signed on to the forum today. I have been looking at the forum for about awhile, and it looks like there is a bunch of good information being shared by a bunch of good Montana owners!

Over the last 25 years we have made the gradual transition from tent trailer, to 11' camper, to 22' trailer, to 30' trailer, to the 5th wheel. I really appreciate how well the 5th wheel tows compared to the large trailer (but I do miss my truck canopy!!). Not yet being retired, we don't do many extended trips, but split our trips among some traveling, and some dry camping when fishing or waterfowling. We've only done a couple short trips with the 5th wheel so far, but plan on doing a couple longer trips shortly.

We live north of Everett (north of Seattle about 40 miles), and I tow my unit with a 1999 Ford SC 4X4 Powerstroke. I have a Superchips Microtuner for the diesel, and so far power seems to be no problem. I haven't towed enough times to get a good idea for mileage (with the 8000 lb trailer I got about 12mpg).

I have done a couple minor upgrades on the 5th wheel (home theatre and 12v plugin), but I guess I can post that somewhere in an appropriate posting heading.

Anyway, glad to be on board .......

Matt, and Amy, and choc. lab Sasha
mallardjusted is offline   Reply With Quote