View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have a fairly restricted opening in the cabinet where mine is mounted. I measured the width, height, and depth available (and that of the speaker openings) and went to Best Buy to see what they had. They had several models of home theater systems from several different manufacturers including Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG, etc. I bought a Panasonic Bluray DVD/home theater system as the basic unit was the closest in size to the old unit. And we had a number of Bluray DVDs at home we can now take and watch in the Monty.
But the primary reason for choosing the Panasonic is that the speakers were also the closest in size to the old ones. The basic unit fit in the opening fine. But I had to open up (i.e. cut) the cabinet openings a little to get the new speakers in. Not much, maybe a 1/2" width and height. Not too big of a deal to do that. The other units had larger speakers and would probably have required fabricating some new cabinet components to mount those speakers. But for the small floor space in the trailer you really do not need large speakers.
Have not tried CDs in it. But it does have an iPod port that I have used. Good music sound from that.
Has an FM tuner but have not tried that either.
I also connected the TV audio output to the home theater audio input. Sound from the (also new) Samsung 32" TV is pretty good, but is much better thru the home theater system.
Bought mine 4-5 years ago. Was in Best Buy a few days ago. They did not appear to have the same model I bought, but they did still have several different manufacturers, models, and sizes.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote