View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 06:32 AM   #1
AngieDO

M.O.C. #24782
New and need guidance-I'm in way over my head

Ok, here goes. I lost everything in the Camp Fire, Paradise, Northern California, November 8, 2018.
I purchased a 2011, 38.5' Montana. Previously owned by occasional vacationers, gently used, less than 100 hours logged on generator. You name it, it's got it. Beautiful.
But... I am dry camping. (That's what I've been told its called) FEMA fills my water tank and empties the gray and black tanks 1-2 times a week. RV has a Cummins Onan 5500 LP generator. It's quiet and easy to start with push button inside. The problem is I'm using a TON of propane to simply make coffee, charge cell phone, use microwave. I turn EVERYTHING off (water pump, water heater, lights) only leaving fridge on at #1 setting, and use flashlights at night. I've turned fridge off now and use an ice chest for food.
I'm looking for suggestions on what dual fuel generator to buy to use instead of this hot rod. The manual says 2.1 gallons per hour only to idle.
I'm a single woman and will be living like this for a long time, until the debris is removed and our town is rebuilt. 52,000 people became homeless in a matter of minutes.
Hopefully someone here can send some guidance my way. Email is best.
ado5272@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance!!
Angie
AngieDO is offline   Reply With Quote