View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Well 77 gallons of diesel is a little over 534 pounds by my math, not sure how much the tank wieghs? Maybe 100-150 LBS. Not enough of a total gain in wieght to influence my decision. I have a tool box about the same size as the tank, and I have removed it before when I wanted extra space for bigger items, Like a 45 gallon water barrel that we use for boondocking. And once the fuel tank is installed, it won't be coming in and out like the tool box. Also for my own reasons I try to never let my fuel to get below a 1/4 tank if I can help it. Also filling up with 117 gallons of fuel at say 75 cents less per gallon at a station I may not have made it to with just the one tank. We often do a lot of backroad (Dirt RdS) travel when boondocking with and without the 5ver eating away at the fuel. Which leads to filling up at a more rural area (2 pumps, Gas-Diesel) for more money. The funny thing is I never even considered this until this Diamond plate shiny 77g wedge tank fell into my lap from a very good non RV'ER freind. I just reread this and it sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into it. Plus the better half still has the first dollar she ever made, she wants me to put it in even if it only saved us a penny a gallon. LOL