Thread: Water Pressure
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree 20 psi is really weak. The standard regulators are set at 40 to 45. But, first, you'll only get that if the park provides at least that much pressure. You might try that new regulator and gauge on the park's connection, prior to your hose, and see if the pressure is still that weak. At least that way you will know whether the park is the problem or something in your hose setup or in your rig is the problem.

A longshot for you is that the city water connection point may have a screen acting as a filter. If that's plugged or partially plugged it will obviously affect your pressure.

Another possibility - pull the side wall off the water connection center, crawl into the basement, and check for kinks in the hoses behind the connection center. While you're there, check all connections for tightness. We had quite a few loose ones with a couple of leaks because of it.

Our experience with those "standard" regulators is one may be ok and the next gives you weak pressure. We finally eschewed those regulators and, like others here, got an adjustable one. We have ours set at 58 psi and in most parks we get that psi or close. I chose 58 because in our 2003 3295RK with the Thetford toilet, that was the highest psi setting that would not shoot water out of the toilet. I think this Montana with the SeaLand toilet could handle higher pressure but we're happy at 58.

You can get an adjustable regulator at Camping World for around $40 or so. They are in the hose and water connection area. It used to be they were not that visible. I found them in cardboard boxes on the bottom shelf. That may have changed. You also can get them at Lowe's and Home Depot. Those are intended for stick home use so also get the adapters so you can connect a water hose to it. Those adapters are in the plumbing area or the water hose area, I forgot which. Ours is from Home Depot. I bought a gauge (without regulator) to put on the Montana's city water connection so I can monitor our pressure.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote