View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Carol - thank you!

Tammy - Better yet, we'll show it to him when you come to Florida!

Wayne - You know I agree with "cagers" not being aware of us two-wheelers! I will be looking for a more "aggressive" horn, but truth be told, too frequently they don't hear anything either with their blaring music, closed windows, cell phone usage, etc. I will look to keeping the shiny side up and the rubber side down and hope that the bright blue color will catch their eye! (Doug was laughing at me this weekend when I was riding it and I had on VERY bright pink pants and top...something about being a sissy seeped into my brain as I KNOW he didn't say it out loud...but there is NO way I couldn't been seen if anyone was looking, I practically glowed in the dark between the bright blue (like the background of this forum) and the bright pink!) I work from the presumption that cagers don't see me and hope that helps with the prevention of problems. I also have a day glow orange safety vest. AND I ALWAYS wear a full face helmet.

Roy and Nancy - Happy Birthday to you two too! (Wonderful people have been born on the 6th of June don't you think!!?? LOL)

OBTW - I went on my first shopping trip on the Vespa...first stop Lowe's for bungee cords, second stop Linens'nThings for a new blender (old one went to Bella this weekend)...box was about 30 inches long and 14 inches square; then it was off to Publix for some groceries; "de-bungeed" the box and took it in, purchased four bags of groceries and went back out to the Vespa; found a Suzuki sport bike parked in the same space next to the Vespa...have to admit I laughed out loud seeing them together in the same spot; put one back of groceries in the compartment under the seat, re-bungeed the box to the back of the seat, hooked the remaining three bags on the bag hook that extends from the front of the seat and took off! Had a bit of an audience while I was getting things situated. A couple parked in the parking place in front of me and stayed in the car watching until I drove off. They have NO idea how much stuff I can get on a Vespa! This trip was piece of cake.

Yesterday the box that goes on the back of the Vespa came in and we installed it. We also upgraded the windscreen to the larger/taller size as the bugs in Florida are KILLER...as in OWWW! That hurts when they hit. Tomorrow I might drive it to work, but as I still have temporary tags I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of getting a temporary pass for one or two work days (I work on a U.S. Navy facility). The weather is perfect for riding though...we'll see!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote