Thread: Lithium upgrade
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 08:15 PM   #28
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrich View Post
I have two 300AH LiFeBlue batteries and have been nothing but happy with them. I have drawn mine down to 2% with no problems. I have a 2019 3790RD and the converter could be adjusted to the correct setting. Life is good!
Technically you cannot draw your Lithium's down that low, fact is Lithium batteries have a built in switch that has a pre determined minimum that shuts the battery down at that point while it still has a sizable charge left. Regardless of what some think full drain on Lithiums is also bad for them which is why they have the built in safe guard where as AGM and Wet Cell do not have the electronics to provide that safety.

over discharging a Lithium battery even once results in a permanent loss of approximately 20% of the battery's capacity. Over discharging can also result in a failure mechanism called cell inversion which is one of the things that cause cheap consumer electronics with Li- batteries to fail.

Fortunately most 12v Lithiums have protection built in however you will never be able to drain to 2% let alone 0%. That 2% is only a threshold to the protection shut off level.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote