Thread: Gettysburg
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 02:12 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

We also loved Gettysburg and the surrounding area. The Eisenhower Farm was an interesting tour. A distant cousin of mine (Peter Reigle) won the Medal of Honor in the Civil War and is buried at Littletown, about 10 miles or so from Gettysburg. We walked the cemetery and found his grave, complete with bronze MOH plaque.

Next summer and fall we intend to spend in New England. We would like to start by visiting Gettysburg again. We took the bus tour and then spent parts of three days on the self-guided tour and would still like to see more.

Glenn, does your brother do the bus tours or is he one of the guides who drive your car while showing you everything you'd ever want to know? We found the guides to be extremely knowledgeable. We spent some time talking with a guy studying to become a guide and came to appreciate how difficult it is to become a tour guide at Gettysburg. Your brother is to be commended.
Steve, My brother does the personal tours rather than the bus tours. He feels he can do a whole lot better job explaining Gettysburg on a more "one on one" basis than with a big group. At one time he also did the re-enactments but gave that up. If you would be interested send me an email or PM and I'll give you his info.

Also, If you and Vicki are doing the east side of the US hopefully you will be able to schedule the Virginia and Northeast rallys into your agenda.

Lorraine and I were also talking about New England next summer. Have to see how the winter goes first.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote