View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 02:29 AM   #26
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Oh boy, more factors. It turns out there are two other possibilities on the difference between an F-250 and an F-350 and this is almost a visual inspection. I was talking to a rep at a leaf spring factory and he said the leaf springs between an F-250 and F-250 can be interchangeable and that the dually leafsprings are different between SRW. This person also said the difference for the SRW springs are that the F-350 can add a "block". This is a spacer that sits between the springs and the frame that can add some height difference and in doing so increase the load bearing capability because it prevents the sag that would make the load dangerous. He also said that an additional leaf installed on an F350 that "kicks in" when the load increases at some point and increases the load as well. It seems some of you in reporting the number of springs in you truck might have that in your F-350.

So I have several options I need to check out - new thicker leaf springs (which would give me 2800 extra lbs which is overkill, I don't want more load than an F-350 and this raises the rear of the truck over an inch), a thicker block (I have no idea what size and where to get something like that) or an additional leaf spring (don't know this one either, but I think these are avaialable for sale. Maybe I can check on these new factors at the dealer.
It may be worth it to take the truck to a place that specializes in spring work for an opinion. You should also consider what the truck will ride like with an enhanced spring pack when it is unloaded (a rock ?}
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote