View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
RetiredSubVet
Established Member

M.O.C. #19977
Fresh Water has a plastic aftertaste

I has searched the site and have not seen this specifically discussed, so if I missed it, my apologies. We recently purchased a 2018 3791RD and I really like most everything about it. Since we picked it up, I have always used one of those blue in-line carbon filters that you can get in Wal-Mart to supply our water. I come out of the spigot, through a pressure reducer, into the filter and then into the 5er. I have not used water out of the holding tank, although it is still about 1/3 as filled from the dealer (I plan on emptying it as soon as I get it back). I have read the posts on running some bleach water through the piping to disinfect everything, to include the holding tank, but is there anything else I can do to get rid of this aftertaste? I have ordered a 2 cartridge filter system from the RV Water Filter Store and will install this when I get my rig back from the dealer (in for warranty work) . My wife made me some tea using the water and I could not drink it due to that plastic aftertaste. Thanks for you assistance!!
2018 Montana 3791RD
RetiredSubVet is offline   Reply With Quote