Thread: New Truck
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #109
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I don't recall the exact amount for registering the new truck here in Washington State, a couple hundred bucks maybe. A bunch of fees including the new front and rear plates and a good chunk towards the weight fee.

I have a little over 300 miles on it and decided to check out the underside of the rig including the factory prep for Fifthwheel and Gooseneck plate. Looks pretty hell for stout setup. A friend of mine was going to sell me his Companion hitch (25k) at a reasonable price but I would need the B&W plate for under the bed that accepts the square stock instead of the round stock that factory uses. Back to trying to make a decision on using my Reese Titan (20k) with a puck style adaptor or just buying a whole new B&W 25k hitch that uses the puck system. The adaptor raises the Fifthwheel by probably an inch and a half.

While I was under the truck I did notice that the rearend was still quite hot quite awhile after driving the rig. My old truck also got quite warm so I am thinking that part of the pre-tow breakin might include the rearend.

Tom Marty