View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
You should not need to hook up a second coax, most work with only one. I do not have Direct, but a friend of mine does and sometimes he has to go into the menu and switch to a different transponder. Sounds like you are doing everything right, make sure the base stand is perfect level. If you have not done so, you might have to move the dish up or down, left to right in small moves, it takes a second for the receiver to catch up and see the signal. I use a signal finder at the dish until I find the satellite and then remove it. It does not have to be off the satellite very much for it not to lock on. The angles that are in the setup menu have to be applied to dish itself. There are marks on the adjustable portion of the dish that need to be set to correspond to the angles in the setup menu.

I don't know if this applies to the Direct systems. The dish that I have for my trailer is different than the one I have mounted on the house and there is a switch system that Dish Network uses to insure that the receiver is connected. Each time I take the receiver out of the house I have to change in the menu portion of the receiver the switch that it uses, not a big deal, but inconvenient.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote