View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 04:08 AM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
There is nothing wrong with a good used unit but try to find one. Donna and I spent a lot of time and money looking at used units. If people fry food in an RV it is almost impossible to get that smell out of a unit. I have sold 5 RVs privately because I look after them and most of the time it was the first people that looked at the unit that bought them. We always get compliments how clean our used RVs are and we never fry food indoors. We just maintain the unit and when we sell them I completely detail everything. I throw away the used sewer hose and put a new one in the compartement. The toilet and shower get a lot of detail and the 93 Okanagan we just sold looked like a brand new unit even though we had 100 nights with 2 dogs in there.

I honestly don't know how some people trash their units so badly because some 03 fifth wheels we looked at were very rough inside and we found they wanted not that much less than I paid for my new 06 that comes with a warranty on everything. Good luck in your hunt for a good RV.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote