View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 07:02 AM   #46
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
I have had a number of Chevy trucks. Last one a 3/4 duramax. When going to a 350 SRW my salesperson who I have bought 3 vehicles from could not find a Chevy that would came with what i wanted, anywhere. She has a sister dealership that handles Ford. I found one close enough. Told her about it. She never called me back. I now have the Ford. Things i like about the Ford that Chevy does not offer, yet. 48 gallon fuel tank in CCLWB. Camera system. Waiting to see what i end up for MPG after break in. Yes, mileage matters to some. Range is very important to me. Trying to find a gas station pulling a 35 foot TT with a gasser on a trip can be stressful.

Thing I don't like-- it is much taller than my 2014 3/4 chevy. Some would say my legs are too short.

But that 360 view camera systen does make the truck smaller when trying to park it.
My neighbor, a GM salesman, says in 2019 GM will catch up to the 2017 Ford technology. My F350 saw mileage increase up to about 20,000 miles but that is a diesel. Range is more important to me when pulling than MPG so I had an aux tank put in. Sadly, finding one for a gasser is impossible and their MPG towing is not great. When pulling TTs long ago I filled at every Flying J I found ~ the RV lanes made things as easy as possible. Now I use truck lanes for diesel. I'm 5'11 and with my old hitch I used a step stool to work it. Now I use a short ladder as the 2nd step is required. Not sure if the new GM products are any lower, it seems they are all raising the bed. Not sure why as the running gear is no higher. Maybe a macho look for millennials?
Good luck with your new toy!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote