Thread: Question 2
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, this is one of those "depends" answers. It depends a lot on your lifestyle, how long you stay in one place, how much towing you do, how much running around sightseeing or whatever, etc. Sightseeing can add up in a hurry.

So, I guess I'll try to give you a little feel on how it worked out for us and maybe that will at least party apply to you. First, just retiring cut our expenses. We no longer needed three vehicles so we got rid of the one still having a payment and one of those already paid for. I no longer needed suits and ties, dress shoes, etc., etc. In other words, retirement living in the same stick house was less expensive than when working.

Fulltiming. We find that our total monthly costs are just about the same as when we lived in a stick home and had a payment on a stick home. That's not very specific but I don't know how else to express it. So much depends on your lifestyle and the other things mentioned above. We do quite a bit of sightseeing and that's not always cheap but we are not lavish in a lot of other things. We go out to eat probably more often than pre-retirement.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote