View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #27
Irv
Established Member

M.O.C. #19411
auto reset breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Mine is older so yours may look different. But there should be an auto reset circuit breaker that supplies power to your hydraulic pump. Probably two breakers with one for the pump and another for other things. Picture shows mine under the red covers. And they look something like this when the cover is removed. https://www.delcity.net/store/12V-Au...98669.h_198846

There should be +12 vdc on both screws of all these breakers, battery side and load side. You can't tell by looking, will need to check them with a volt meter. I would make sure of that before tearing into the switch and wiring. If you do not have +12 vdc on the load side of the the breakers, you have a bad breaker(s). If you do not have +12 vdc to the battery side, you have a +12 vdc supply problem.

If you do have voltage on both sides of both breakers, then your problem is apparently in the switch circuit. Or in the reversing polarity contactor sitting on top of the pump. Or a bad pump motor. Or???

Another possibility is loss of the ground wire connection from the pump to the trailer frame.

Lots of things to check. Do the easier ones first.
Agree with BB_TX that this is where to start
Attached Files
File Type: doc auto reset.doc (111.5 KB, 64 views)
Irv is offline   Reply With Quote