View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Rob Walters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12154
I read everything on this forum every day. I read about all the problems, fixes, repairs and ideas that each of you have. I've, quite frankly, been pretty "smug" because aside from normal repairs and PM stuff, not much has happened to my Monty. 3 days ago, I stepped out of the 5er and heard water flowing. I bent over and looked under the unit and saw a very healthy stream of water running out of the underbelly seam. Now normally, I would go straight to full PANIC MODE, but because of all of you, I didn't. I immediately went to the convenience center and pulled the handle for the gray water tank, and then pulled the handle to the galley tank. I did this to relieve the pressure in the tank and hopefully keep the tank from splitting even more. I knew that there was a leak. I didn't know if it was a broken pipe or a split tank. I crawled underneath and began taking all those self tappers out and found the problem to be a split in the galley tank pretty much exactly where everyone else's has been. (Yes, I've looked at all the pictures and vids that y'all have made) I got online and ordered my Plasti-mend Kit. I'm all ready for the repair and I'm sitting here watching the ballgame waiting for the UPS man. However, I'm not quite as smug as before. Thanks to all of you....this turned out to be no big deal.
Rob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote