View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
New Baby is Now in our Hands!

We are currently sitting in our new 2009 Anniversary Edition 2955RL! Some immediate news that we wanted to share with you all is that THERE IS A HITCH IN THE BACK!!!!! Hooray! So it appears that the burning question about rear hitches being added to the Monties has been answered (at least for this unit).

We are still trying to wrap our minds around the myriad of "stuff" and associated "how tos" and "why fors" with the new unit. As are the service representatives. I believe we may have mentioned that this is the first year that Lazy Days has had the Montanas in their inventory so everyone is on a steep learning curve. (Thanks to the this forum Doug was able to show him where the Galley Valve is located!) As a result there are a number of things for which they do not have immediate answers for...hey, we are all "newbies" at various points in our lives so we are okay with that...at least so far! So we've defered actual review of all the mechanicals/features of the unit until tomorrow. We are currently going through the interior of the unit with a fine tooth comb and will start with the exterior tomorrow morning. We are in the delivery lot which has wi-fi access and electric...no cable but great local t.v. reception (their campground does have cable) so we aren't "suffering" from lack of "entertainment"...like there is a lot of time for that!

Thus far, Doug is impressed by the unit (obviously there are tiny things that make you cock your head to one side and go "Now, if I were to the one deciding how this would be done I would have..."

Inside, nothing that jumps up and smacks me upside the head thus far, but I've been busy stowing things away so we don't fall on our faces after tripping over something. Tomorrow morning we start with "exercising" everything and making notes of what needs to be adjusted/fixed before we contemplate taking this off the delivery lot.

We'll take photos and post as time allows. This is going to be a BUSY week with the "shake down" of the unit, taking the 5th Wheel Driver's Course, rearranging the stuff in the unit as we "live" in it and figure out what works best, and reading all the "distructions" on everything.

We'll try to keep you up on the things we learn/find out as the process unfolds (e.g., how to remove and reinstall the window screens)!

Robin (and Doug)
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote