Thread: 3650RK
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 04:47 AM   #11
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
My two cents worth ... We have the same model as CountryGuy and, as with so many other things on this Forum, we have had completely different experiences with our rear kitchen.

After 2-1/2 years and about 25,000 miles on this rig, we've only had one broken item ... a large CorningWare skillet. I have since lined the shelves with the non-skid stuff, as well as layered the non-skid stuff in/around the breakable items (glass measuring cups and glass Pyrex mixing bowls).

As far as movement in the cabinet is concerned, from everything I've read on the Forum, I've decided I've got this place packed so tight NOTHING can move. When we're traveling and have dirty glasses (I opted for acrylic) in the sink, the remaining glasses in the cabinet will sometimes get tossed around if we've had a particularly hard ride. We also use Corelle and one of those vinyl-wrapped-corner-plate-stacker-thingies. Since I have two sizes of bowls on the middle shelf, I've learned to put a tension bar across the opening to this cabinet ... after having the small bowls rain down on me upon opening the cabinet door.

I also make it a practice to put the heavier items in the lower cabinets and Steve has been good about adjusting the latches whenever I've pointed out a loose one to him.

I think the key is the non-skid stuff, the small tension bars across the cabinet openings (just on some of the cabinets - also using them as dividers within the cabinet to reduce movement) and LOTS of stuff in the cabinets. At least this has worked for us.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote