View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #11
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tom41

Nancy and I are at CreekWood Farms arrived this past monday and even now the mountains are peaceful and beautiful, the Johnathon river running clear an swift! This part of NC my favorite only 28 miles east of Ashville, and nestled in the arms of a beautiful quaint little town of Waynesville NC. Next week we'll be in Morristown tn. at Panther Creek state park, foot hills of the smokies. We got to be in Chattanooga in april for The National Cornbread Festival april, 27,28,29. This is agreat fun place to be at this time of year. Its held right downtown of South pittsburg Tn on the tennessee river. So if any monty family passes our way, please wave, come visit. we'll be in Chattanooga's Best Holiday Trav-L- park for a month. safe travelin everyone!
You are very close to my old summer stomping grounds from when I was growing up! My father retired when I was ten and we could spend the summers in the Pisgah National Forest, near Brevard. We used to head over the mountain on occasion to Waynesville. You are correct...it is a beautiful area. We would head back to Davison River campground but Marsha has a distinct aversion to any campground that does not have electric hookups!

Oh, well...
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote