Thread: One worn tire
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #5
RV6A
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19552
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
You need to take it to an expert like a trailer alignment shop. There is just no way you can check it without the proper equipment.

Also welcome to the forum.
This is not correct. With a level, string and tape measure I have aligned many a front end on a car. A trailer is much easier since the castor does not have to be measured or changed. Granted changing camber can be a pain on a solid axle on a trailer but not impossible with the right tools. The "Proper Equipment" makes it easier, but for the DIY "Gear Head" quality alignments are easily attained.

From what the OP posted, everything lines up as it should. I would check how level the ride is, loading of the unit, etc. I think he still needs a string to check alignment with the tow vehicle.

I purchased my 2009 used 3 years ago and it still had the original tires. The passenger side rear tire was worn severely on the inside. This concerned me greatly so I pulled out my camber/castor gauge and string and check the alignment and found nothing out of spec. I put four new Sailun tires on the ground and one as a spare. 10K later no discernible wear can be seen on the tires.
RV6A is offline   Reply With Quote