View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 05:20 PM   #23
RV6A
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymxr View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new here, I'm glad to see there's a forum for Montana owners. I'd like some input from those that are full-time with older trucks. My wife and I will be full time RVs in 7yrs. I'd like to here from those full timers who tow with older trucks. My F250 currently has 97k and will be 19 yrs old when I leave to go full-time. My truck is in excellent condition with every upgrade possible to help my 6.0 be as reliable as possible. I'd love a new truck but the price and long term reliability worries me. I'm just wondering if keeping my 19 yr old truck is even possible to tow full time. Any advise is much appreciated.
Maintenance is key. My 2002 F250 7.3 Powerstroke has 320,000 miles and is still on the original clutch and injectors. We just returned from a 1744 mile 10 day adventure pulling out 2009 3075RL through CO, WY, SD, NE and back to CO. No problems with truck or trailer. The truck used 1qt of oil for the trip. The truck is outfitted with a DP tuner and 4" MBRP exhaust with muffler. We averaged 12.2 miles/gallon for the entire trip and about 10.4 pulling the rig.
RV6A is offline   Reply With Quote