View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
bad99ram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_nc View Post
Hello John,

We also have just bought a new 3731FL which has the same refrigerator as you have. My question is off-topic to your original post, but I want to get your thoughts on winterizing that refrigerator/freezer. I know it's early to start thinking of this, but I don't see an easy way to do it. I always use the compressed air method and never have had a problem. Most of the residential refrigerators have a water station that can be used to blow out the 1/4 water line but this one doesn't. I've searched the web and see that some are making "pink ice cubes" but I'd rather not use that since it would take time to work the anti-freeze to the ice maker. (I'm assuming) Have you given this any thought?

BTW, on your issue, 10 deg /hour temp rise sounds excessive, but what is the inside temperature of the trailer? The inside temperature is going to have an effect on the operation of the refrigerator. I know yours is off, but the same applies. This is the reason that refrigerator manufactures void the warranty if used in a non-temperature controlled environment like a garage. Keystone would expect the heat or a/c to be on while the refrigerator is on. I'm assuming that Samsung also assumes that the refrigerator will be in a normal household temperature when in operation. I haven't looked, but I'm sure in the specs there is something that states the operating environment for that model.

Anyway, if you have any ideas on the winterizing, or if anybody else out there has found a quick way, let me know. Thanks.
Read your owners manual. it states NOT to run RV antifreeze into the ice maker. You are to drain the system using the low point drain.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote