View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jswharton

I installed a Tankman system in the bed of the truck. It has 2tanks, one fresh and one black/grey. Both hold about 70 gallons. The fresh is fairly straight forward, fill and then back at the Monty I use a spare water pump and fill the tank. I wired a plug that fits into the truck. One hose from Tankman to the pump, then I run it thru the portable filters into the Monty tank.

The grey/black does take a macerator. There is a controller box which is about 4" cube that has 12 volt power that is then connected to macerator and has a line to a float in theTankman. When the black needs dumping, after the tank is empty, I run the black flush for just a couple minutes, then close it up and then dump the grey. The system shuts down when the Tankman is full. Oh I have a twist on valve on the discharge pipe and the macerator connected to it.

Start to finish takes about an hour and half to fill the fresh and empty the grey/black. Works great and sure beats moving the Monty. The black Tankman has a gravity discharge, just drive to the dump station and 5 minutes and 70 gallons are gone!

I think the guy stopped making them. Here is a link that describes the system. http://strollingamok.wordpress.com/2...e-tankmin-360/

Your right, that's sort of what I was looking for and yes it doesn't seem to exist anymore.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote