View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hello fellow travelers,
Thanks for the welcome, hardly slept last night trying to piece together my upcoming work, like a kid before Christmas Eve.
Al and Carol, I will look for the tank monitor thread, I figured I would be under the 'Belly of the Beast' for a period of time, the system looks like it will be great, it even indicates the Propane system, I think it notifies the panel if one bottle runs out. I did search the rear fiberglass cap, and frame mount for bicycles issue, I welded a support and reinforcements on my former RV the Keystone Sprinter. We traveled around 6,000 miles, no problem with it. Pretty dogs, our pets are like our kids aren't they. Probably a story behind the second pair, I would imagine.
Judy, if I went to the rally, I could never find the right Montana to get into! I watched a lady try to get her key into a little Saturn, she worked at it for 4 or 5 minutes, then sheepishly went one row over to her similar one and the key worked. We just may be done with the work on ours by then, Indiana, I presume, might be fun.
Don, I see Radhazjoe cleared it up already. You have Two bus bars, or metal connector bars in your breaker box, the 220 breakers tap each of the Two bars, giving power to Two different 110 volt supplies. A 110 volt breaker just taps into one of the 110 volt bus bars. As mentioned, some energy management must be observed. It is good for us RV'ers to know how much 12 volt amp's each device pulls, as well as the 120 volt loads. I will be installing a 12 volt amp meter, it shows exactly how many amps are being consumed at any time. I had it on my TT, works really well.
Nice Forum, see you all here and there.
Jim and Sue
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote