Thread: OK Gals...
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #31
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Al and I kinda work at this set up/break down thing together, granted he does MOST of the outside stuff, sewer dumping, hose and electric storage, and I do most of the inside stuff, making sure the cupboards are secure, furniture in correct positions, houseplants safely boxed (ohhh, that is a gal thing, eh? HA HA )

Anyway, when we get down to the last hour or so, we really help each other, I encourage him to come inside and review, look for anything I have missed, ESPECIALLY after sitting for 2 weeks or more. Check lists are good, should use them, specially since my mental checklists don't work as good as they do. Might even start that back up, BUTTT, gulp, for now, We kinda rely on our experience.

Anyway, he checks me inside, asking questions, or checking, telie stuff off and down, etc. I actually walk around the entire rig and check every door, closet, etc. Make sure they are closed and latched, some require velcro, is it there; some require spring bars, are they in place. I touch each door/drawer, asking myself or looking again, is everything AOK here.

Then, I help him out side, all through the set up or hookup. I actually back the truck up for hooking up, guys don't read this, but, Carol does a better job of it than he does. Sorry, but, that is true! HA HA. He feels better giving directions, I feel better NOT giving directions at this point.

When we are setting up, I guide him into the campsite (I cannot back up Tana) with the walkietalkies. We go step by step, slowly, reminding each other, chock, set the parking break, all that stuff. We both work together until the slides are ready to be deployed, after they are, I get the dogs out of Big Butt and go do my lady stuff inside.

So, for us, it is quite a share and share alike situation, especially during the last hour of breaking camp and the first hour of setting up.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote