View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #14
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
An update on my Mission tire replacement.Tireco is sending me 5 new replacement tires, probably the Freestar brand. Then I will be asked to return the 5 Missions to them free of charge. There will be an inspection by Tireco on the Missions or but no possible financial responsibility liability for me. The replacement tires will be warranted for 48 months for workmanship, blowouts, etc. Tireco also will be responsible for any additional damage done to the RV caused by a tire failure but the failed tire must be returned to get that authorization and payment.

I asked about what they would pay just for the fact that my Mission tires failed under the warranty period and they didn't really want to commit any numbers but a 100% value it would be about $80 to $100 per tire and then prorated based on wear. So probably at best I could get maybe $400 back. However, I have elected to take the Freestar replacement tires for a few of reasons: 1.) I just don't want to shell out a whole bunch of more money on new tires right now. 2.) They told me that Tireco is not experiencing a high failure rate on the Freestars like they have on the Missions. 3.) I can't believe that any company would send out replacement tires, warranty them for 48 months and be exposed to ancillary RV damage for 4 years knowing they have had or were going to have an unusual or excessive failure rate. and probably the most important 5.) I'm a gambler I guess.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote