View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 AM   #11
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Erwin,

I've weighed our unit several times but just an axle at a time not by individual wheel but not on the last two trips. Since both front axle tires are wearing excessively on the right edge of the tires, I think I can rule out being over weight on one side but I suppose I could be overweight on the whole front axle but I would think that would get distributed to both axles by the spring setup. I don't have the written records handy at the moment but as I recall all four axles, truck and 3400RL were running around 5200 to 5500 lbs each. And I think that was before I removed one recliner, one chair and the old analog TV. My current guess is that the left front tire is also having tread separation just like the right tire was but am going to get an alignment check on the 3400RL axles before any more trips with replacement tires. I put the spare on the right front and I haven't noticed any wear on it since installation but it only has about 1600 miles on it so far. An alignment check should resolve this mystery. Got referred to an RV axle alignment shop right next to (3 blocks) and by Camping World in Mesa, AZ but they were not able to take us immediately w/o an appointment. $175 if they have to do an axle alignment. So now we are set up in our RV Resort for the winter at the La Hacienda RV Resort in Apache Junction, AZ. When I decide to uproot the RV from its winter setup, I'll get an appointment and drag it down there. Haven't received my replacement tires yet. But... I haven't called Tireco to release the shipment yet. Been thinking about asking them how much they will give me for a cash settlement rather than receive replacement tires and then put on some good US made tires I can fully trust. Has anyone been able to accomplish a cash settlement on all 5 Mission tires? Tires were inflated at 80 PSI (cold) for the trip. I did torque the wheel lugs at 120 ft-lbs. Thanks for reminding me about the DVD, I knew I had seen the torque requirements somewhere but couldn't remember where. I do have the DVD here in the RV somewhere.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote