View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Took the tire and rim into three different local tire shops. All gave me an 80% or better assement that the tread/plys were starting to seperate with only a slight chance of the axle being out of alignment. So I took the spare and the bad wheel to the tire shop and asked them to switch rims since the spare isn't the same rim as the other 4. They wouldn't remount the bad tire on the spare's rim because it was against their policy to mount a bad tire. So I'll mount the bad tire on the spare rim myself and use it as a spare until I can get Mission to send me 5 new tires. My memory wasn't so good on the recommended pressure. It supposed to be 80 psi cold, not 70 psi, according to the tag on the RV. Now I can't remember or find what the wheel nut torque is supposed to be. Thought I had found that in a manual or on a tag somewhere but now I can't find it. Anyone happen to know what it is supposed to be? Also anyone happen to know the phone number for Tireco for the replacement Mission tires? I'm not ready to put $800 plus of good brand tires on the RV yet after just doing that on the truck. Maybe a foolish decision. I hope not.

Hopefully, the Mission tires will survive another 1600 miles on our trip to AZ and then I can replace them all with the replacement tires from Tireco after we get there. Thanks for the help.

Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote