View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 07:56 AM   #5
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
hard wired to the unit or stand alone device either way it works. I had some issues while in Texas so I know it saved my butt a few times.

The more expensive units will check for bad grounds, faults, over voltage under. If something like a surge comes in the unit will stop the flow of electricity to the coach, resets itself, performs another self check and re connects. While in Texas it was so bad it did that 1 time but the second time I had to go unplug the surge protector, plug it back in and we were good.

I guess that it's encouraging that it does work!

Quote:

Hard wired unit, don't have to worry about thieves once installed don't worry about it again. If need to replace a hard wired unit it could be a PIA...

I haven't taken the panel off yet, but I would have to remove a panel in the basement to install the permanent one, and there isn't a ton of working room in there. That's why the stand alone is appealing to me.

Quote:

The more expensive units will check for bad grounds, faults, over voltage under. If something like a surge comes in the unit will stop the flow of electricity to the coach, resets itself, performs another self check and re connects. While in Texas it was so bad it did that 1 time but the second time I had to go unplug the surge protector, plug it back in and we were good.

I believe that the unit that I'm looking into will do all of this, PLUS shutdown if something is wrong in the wiring in the unit, or the anaconda cable, which is a plus as well...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote