View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
IMHO you should install a hard wired EMS-HW50C unit. It will detect any power problems and will not allow the bad power into your trailer.

If you have bad power at any campground, they should fix it. You are paying for it, it should work as intended.
While I don't disagree with having them fix it, I don't see that happening at the state lake we frequent. We're lucky if we can get them out there to change a bad breaker. And the guy who does come and work on it, is only going to change the breaker. He doesn't know anything about the wiring inside the box or how to fix it. I probably know more about what's going on inside of the box than he does, and I'm not an electrician by any means, but have wired my fair number of projects.

The part that I have a hard time wrapping my head around is how the wiring at the pedestal is wrong. I realize it could have a loose ground or neutral, but actually having it wired wrong seems like something that should or could never happen. I suppose it does though...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote