View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
TrailTrackers
Established Member

M.O.C. #20852
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
Sitting here thinking about it, I think I know what the extra wiring is for. There will be a Hot 1, Hot 2, Neutral (probably two of them) going the the transfer switch. There will also be lead(s) (I don't want to say what colors since I can't verify at this point) that will be connected to the hot lead(s) in the junction box and are used to control the transfer switch (I think I see them behind the L1/L2/N leads in the transfer switch). When the generator starts, the voltage on this extra lead is what makes the transfer switch move to the generator position.

OK... But I think any other wires should already be connected at the factory right? Check the Onan schematic that I added above. That schematic shows the 5 Onan outputs that have to be connected, and I'm sure they all go to that Generator Circuit Box. Note that there is no #10 and above because that is for 30A trailers.

I know there is that other push type connector in the "tin house", and that has a few wires in it. But that just needs to be pushed together to get that handled. And that goes up to the start/stop/hours switch at the control panel. If anything in there traces back to the transfer switch I'm sure it's already connected up by the factory since mine came gen prep'd.

Edit:

Where is your transfer switch physically located? I'm wondering where mine is and maybe it's in the same place yours is in. I could at least start by looking in the same place where yours is at I guess? What do you think?
TrailTrackers is offline   Reply With Quote