View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 03:05 AM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Freeda II

I keep blowing the fuse on the electric element in the water tank itself. Last winter I had to replace the element because it was blown. After it was fixed it still started to blow fuses. Now it is at an RV service centre. The tech informs me that all checks out and he can not see why it would be blowing fuses. Anyone have this problem before that can shed some light on the subject. If I can pass on this info they can get it fixed under my extended warranty. The unit is '08 3400RL
First here is the link Ham Rad mentioned. In your post you mention blowing the fuse, I think you mean circuit breaker.
I mention this because it is hard to troubleshoot when not sure of the references. I normally use the term fuse with the 12vdc side and circuit breakers with the 120 VAC side of electrical issues.
So if you are talking about the 120VAC circuit breaker in the units main panel that issues is closed.
I believe there are only three areas that can cause the circuit breaker to trip(blow). [list_to_fix][*] The heating element being bad.[*] The black outside switch is faulty as mentioned in the above post.[*] The electrical wiring junction points are faulty. This would be the hardest to troubleshoot.[*] And after thought. There is some other electrical outlet on the supply line. (This should not be there.)

When you say keep blowing how frequent is that cycle?

Good luck and I hope this helps.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote