View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #19
Mr Pachu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17922
mlh

In Saskatchewan, we register our vehicles through SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance). We also get basic insurance through SGI when we register our vehicles. You then have an option to buy what they call a package policy through SGI or a few different insurance companies which will then get you a lower deductible and higher insurance coverage. In Sk. if your caught driving under the influence, you have no insurance. I know a person who's daughter took his car and was involved in a single vehicle rollover while she was DUI, the car was totaled and he was left with a car worth nothing except for what a scrap dealer would pay for the weight in metal.

Before I retired I was an OTR driver and had came across and accident scene where a truck and trailer were blocking the highway. Inexperienced driver of too small of a tow vehicle (an older F150 supercrew) towing too large of a trailer (36ft). Trailer was on its side blocking the highway. The driver got off lucky and the police had told two other OTR drivers and myself that if any one of us had been driving that truck towing that trailer, we would have been in very big trouble as we are professional drivers and would have known better. The police seem to hold us OTR drivers up to a higher standard.
Mr Pachu is offline   Reply With Quote