Thread: 3rd AC
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #44
Forsch
Established Member

M.O.C. #20034
Montana's come with two different model A/C's. A 15,000 BTU in the main living area and a 13,500 BTU in the bedroom. I added the second 15,000 BTU (no heat pump in this one) in place of the roof vent over our entry area. I would have liked the second A/C in the bedroom to be a 15,000 BTU as well. I'm not a fan of the ducted systems. In theory they sound good. The issue is they are not installed well. I understand they are much quieter, but for me I would rather have the cooling power. Here in Southern California and areas where we travel it can get quite hot. When you pay this much for a 5th wheel I don't want to be kept from roasting, I want to be comfortable. In my opinion if the two factory A/C's and ducting were installed with care they would be sufficient to cool the trailer, but that wasn't the case for me.

LaydBack,

We ordered our coach after speaking with two of the supervisors in production at an RV show. I was also interested in the dual pane windows and was told I shouldn't spend the money on them. I was told that unless I travel to extremely cold climates they wouldn't make that big of a difference and eventually the space between the panes would develop condensation. That alone convinced me to avoid the cost to upgrade.

2017 Montana 3160RL Legacy (6th trailer)
2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4X4
Love the cold, dislike the heat (A/C is my friend)
Forsch is offline   Reply With Quote